I knew I have been a blog slacker recently (for the last six months!) but I didn't realize how bad it was until I actually looked at the blog! Wow... sorry to all of you who have been curious about what we've been up to and how the pregnancy is going. We are here... we've just been really, really busy this summer. I can't believe it has already come to an end. Unfortunately, I didn't take too many pictures of a lot of our activities and I'm just now beginning to realize it... that's how crazy it's been! I'll share what I do have and fill you in on what we've been up to.

The summer was pretty warm (I think it was trying to make up for a lack of a warm spring) so we decided to invest in a little pool for the boys. They loved it and so did Jer on that particular day!

We took a short little trip up to the mountains at the end of May with some of Jer's family and stayed in a "mountain" house. It was beautiful, being located just outside of Breckenridge, it was surrounded by some massive peaks and had some great hiking. I know I took pictures there... but I have no idea where they are! We did stop by the outlets in Silverthorne though, and picked up some new attire for the kids. We had a lot of fun buying a little girl onesie, even though we have a 50/50 chance of using it! We figure whichever one doesn't get used could be gifted or maybe the Lord will give us a chance to use it down the road. (Don't read into that statement too much!! The third one isn't here yet!!)
We travelled to NY for the first couple weeks of July and spent time with my family, which was a blessing since we only get to see them about once a year. I do have pics from that and will post them later. Not quite two weeks later, Jeremy's extended family started arriving in town for some family time and a local, annual conference they attend at the beginning of Aug. We had the blessing of hosting Jer's cousin, Dave, and his sweet family. They are some of our favorite people and we're glad that we can call them family!! ;) It was a crazy time because they all took turns with an illness, Jeremy was busy with his band, Crossfire, that had the opportunity to play at Heaven Fest, and the rest of the family were traveling back and forth between Denver and Silverthorne. Just after the last of the family left, school started back up for Jer. This is his seventh year teaching at Belleview and he really enjoys it still, which is a blessing!
Two weeks ago, Kyle started school in the Pre-K program at Belleview. This is him on the first morning of school. Can you tell he was excited? He was so cute, he picked out his clothes that morning and was all ready and waiting to go. I hope you enjoyed the quick update... I'm sure there are things I've forgotten and I know there are pictures I'm missing... but hopefully I can fill in the gaps later on!
2 comments:
So glad to hear about your lives this summer! How much longer do you have to go? Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl!
Glad to see an update :) I have a few pics from our trip I can send you if you want! Thanks again for having us, even though we were sick! Can't wait to see you all again sometime!
Post a Comment