Monday, August 22, 2011

End of summer fun!

Summer is quickly coming to a close around our house with the start of school and all the activities that come with it. (I don't think the weather has gotten the memo about summer winding down, the temperatures around here have been consistently in the mid-90s.)  On Jeremy's last day of summer camp, his group was scheduled to swim at our local rec. center, so I packed up all the kids to join them!  I can't take them by myself, since they only allow two non-swimming kids to one adult.  Here's my sweet family in the kid-friendly area. 

 Abby loves the water. She will splash and laugh and want to stay in until she starts shaking and her lips turn blue. The boys really enjoy playing in the water and I'm hoping throughout the winter they can possibly do some swim lessons so next summer we can enjoy the pools even more. 
 My little girl is a great eater!  She will consistently eat as much as her 3 1/2yr. old brother, Bryce. (It's not to hard to do, especially considering Bryce is just now weighing in at a whopping 25lbs!) Here she is after enjoying some ravioli we had for dinner one night.  I usually put a bib on her, but neglected to this particular night... not that it would have helped much.  After this meal, she went directly into the sink for a bath!
 This is the first time I have attempted a garden since being away from home.  I loved helping my mom in the garden growing up.  When we got married, we lived in the apartment and I didn't have anywhere to plant things.  When we moved to our current house, I hoped to be able to start one, but with moving and then the next summer being very pregnant, this is the first I've been able to do it.  It's not the easiest to maintain since it is located a little ways down the road from our house (at the end of the dirt road).  I only planted a few tomatoes, cucumbers, a zucchini, a squash and some pumpkins, since I wasn't sure how successful the garden would be. So far things are doing well, but it is hard to keep everything from shrivelling up in CO!
 The boys started school last week.  Kyle is attending prekindergarten four mornings a week, while Bryce goes to preschool three mornings a week. They really enjoy going for the most part, and it is nice to have a few hours to spend one-on-one with Abby.
 After we picked the boys up from school (Jeremy didn't have to start until the next day) we took our kids to the local amusement park.  Jeremy goes with his summer camp kids at least twice a week, so he had a season pass. Elitchs had some kid of deal on Tuesdays and we were able to go for free, which I was really glad for because the kids were only able to ride four rides in the two hours we were there.  It was a hot day (mid-90s), but Abby managed to stay happy!
 Here is daddy and his boys on one of the rides.  I'm not sure why, but they only had a few attendants working the kids rides.  They would work one ride while the another one sat empty with a full line of kids, then they would shut down the ride they just ran and go work another one.  It made for a lot of waiting around in the hot sun, but the boys did pretty well.
 Josh and Kristina were able to join us for the day and all the kids got to ride the boat together.  This was the last ride they did, you can see Kyle looks like he is done in this picture. We had a great time together as a family and made some good memories! 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Fun update! Looks like you guys had a good summer! Wish we could have joined you all! Maybe next year :)