Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Intentions

Sometimes I feel like my life is full of just good intentions. It carries throughout many areas of my life, but for this post I'm only thinking about my intentions for staying in-touch. I love people and I enjoying knowing what is going on in others' lives, yet I'm horrible at keeping up relationships with all the people that I love. Let me explain. I had started a blog one month after my first son was born.... and I did one post. I have a Facebook account... and if I check it once every two months and update it once a year I'm doing well. I also have a MySpace account, which a friend just commented the other day how she wants to see updated pictures of Bryce (#2) because he is 3 1/2 months old, and I only have newborn pictures up. I think you're getting the picture.

I'm not going to make excuses for myself. Sure, I have two kids under the age of two. Yes, I'm working part time cleaning at the school to help out the family financially. I'm also trying to keep up with my household chores as well. I guess I just feel like in the grand scheme of things, outside of my relationship with God, my husband and kids, the next important thing should be my relationship with family and friends. That's what has value and is worth investing in, not whether or not there are dishes in my sink or laundry in the dryer. I know that Drew's recent departure to be with the Lord has played a big part in me wondering where my priorities lie.

So this is my attempt at doing a better job of keeping up with friends and family. I'm great at checking others' blogs, so hopefully I'll do well at keeping up with mine!! For now, enjoy some pictures of our little family from the past month.

Kyle got a new haircut for the summer...


Daddy's day...

Kyle kissing his brother...


Walking in the woods near Silverthorne...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're excited about your new blog. It is a great way to stay in touch. Are you guys still looking at possibly coming in December?

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
It was good to see you and your gang last night. I love your family picture with the mountain backdrop.
Love ya all,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Jenn and Boys!
What a great idea. Love the pictures. With much love!!!
Mom

Margaret said...

Hey! I'm so glad you have a blog. I update mine maybe once a month...I know how busy life can be! Your kids are adorable. We'll have to keep in touch!

Jennifer said...

Yea!!! Jenn has a blog!! woo hoo! I've been wondering how you were doing. Your boys are just too cute!! How's life with 2? Hope you are well!
Jennie

Jessica said...

how great! I have a blog too that I try to keep up with...it is nice to have a small means of keeping in touch with others! your boys are so sweet!!!