Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Whole Month...

since I've updated you as to what is going on in our lives. Sorry we've been MIA!! After Kyle's birthday, the whole family seemed to be hit with allergies. I have never had allergies, but let me tell you... it wipes you out!! I always try to find natural ways to help me when I feel sick, but I couldn't seem to do anything to get rid of my congestion (I still can't breath through my nose) and my eyes are still itching me terribly. We have survived though!

Jeremy was also gone for almost a whole week with Belleview's Spiritual Life Retreat. The whole secondary school goes down to a camp outside of Colorado Springs for several days; it's always a great time and usually there are several kids who dedicate their lives to the Lord. Jeremy's band, Crossfire, played all of the worship music and the kids really enjoyed it.

Along with having allergies wiping me out, the boys have decided that 6:30 is a good time to wake up. I have also been staying up with Jeremy until 11 or 11:30 at night so we can spend more time together. I'm beginning to feel like a walking zombie! In order for me to function well, I need about ten hours of sleep at night. Until I can figure out a way to get more sleep, life is going to be tough.

As for the boys, they're all doing great. Kyle loves to talk and seems to go through his day narrating everything! Bryce is almost crawling, but does what Jer calls the "army crawl". He drags himself around with his arms and occasionally uses his feet to push as well. He is such a happy baby and loves to snuggle. His pediatrician is worried about his weight. At 6.5 mos. he weighs 12 lbs. 10oz. I'm not too worried, he looks healthy, is very responsive, and seems to be ahead of others his age developmentally. It's just frustrating to have to keep dragging him to doctor appointments and spend money on copays. Please keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hey Jenn,

Have you seen "Allergy MD" at Walmart? There's a host of ___MD products (like for colds, even lice I think - yuk.), but anyway they are homeopathic and seemed to help my allergy symptoms in the past somewhat. I did have to take twice the dose on the box though, but didn't worry since homeopathic remedies usually require a larger amount to be effective.

Also, I've been worried about Jonathan's weight too. He's only 16.6 at 8 months old (the 20% percentile). But, I checked kellymom.com (a breastfeeding website) that has growth charts for breastfed babies and that helped me relax some.

Hope you have a good day!