Saturday, November 8, 2008

Some lost pictures... and potty training progress!!

I took some pictures with our smaller camera today and when I downloaded the photos, I realized that there were pictures from the last two and half months that I had forgotten! So here are some of our lost pictures...

When Kyle and Bryce first started sharing a room I moved most of the toys into that room. It was too much for Kyle to handle at times. Here is a picture of what his room looked like one night after he fell asleep... (his room had been clean and his bed made when he went down for the night....)


Kyle went through a really strange smiling stage. Does he look like anyone else in the Polson family??

Kyle in his fun conductor outfit.


I did his hair for him after a bath. Jeremy said he looks like the "bird-man" that plays for the Nuggets. I think he looks like a rock star!


Before John and Amy moved out to Cali, we went to one of our favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot. It is a fabulous fondue restaurant, here we are about to enjoy our last and favorite course... dessert!

The excitement at Jeremy's birthday dinner was too much for Bryce to handle. He crashed on Aunt Amy.

Bryce playing with his "Jamaican" monkey, man. Thanks, Ahmie and Grampy!!

Bryce in his winter outfit from Ahmie. He reminded me of the little kid from A Christmas Story. (In a little kid, whiny voice, "I can't put my arms down!")

His smile just melts my heart.

This was my project today. This unit was on sale at Target and was probably still too much to pay, but I love organization and my husband likes to see me happy, so we got it. I'm also thinking I can turn the tubs around to face the wall when other kids are around so there are only so many toys available. I will admit that I'm OCD and don't like toys to be without their parts, so I'm hoping this will help keep everything together.


Jeremy is great at finding deals and here is his most recent one. He found a Thomas the Train set on Ebay for one-third of the price!! I'm not sure which of the boys was more excited. Jeremy took advantage of the room I had cleaned up to set up both of Kyle's train tracks. When I came home I could hear Kyle saying, "OK, my turn!?" They were having a ton of fun together.

Kyle is doing well potty training... as long as he isn't wearing anything!! He hasn't had an accident in a while and will even run to the potty on his own to do his business (including one poo!!), but as soon as I try to put big-boy underwear on... it is wet within 30 mins. I just keep reminding myself... we're making some progress.

Here's a video of Kyle saying hi to Ahmie and Grampy!!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

I just love seeing the new pics...Bryce is getting so big so fast!
Our potty training hasn't really gone anywhere since my last blog about it...I figure it will happen when it is supposed to and trying to rush it won't help :).
Tell your family I say hi!!!

Margaret said...

I had to let Meredith run around naked too. It was the same with her, she didn't mind wetting her underwear one bit. I'd say four or five days of being naked seemed to work for her. I just had to hide her when I answered the doorbell! Glad Bryce is feeling better.