I know, you're thinking, "Thanksgiving isn't for another two weeks, what is this crazy girl talking about?" Well, every year that we've been married we've done a big family dinner on Thanksgiving with Jeremy's family. It's always a great time with tons of food, family, football and black Friday ads. Each year, in an effort to create our own family traditions, we have also had our own Thanksgiving meal. I'm not sure how successful we are in making our own traditions so far, because each year is different in some ways, but it's great fun (for the most part) for us. This year, our Thanksgiving meal was this past Sunday. It was all very last minute. We had originally planned on doing it the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but we found out John and Amy will be coming into town that day and Jeremy made plans to get together with another family that day as well. So last Friday, we realized the only day that we could do our family dinner was on Sunday and we mad a mad dash to Walmart to get what we needed. Here are some pics from our first "family-of-four" Thanksgiving!

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the finished turkey. I love how they look when they come out of the oven. Plus, we had a 14lb. turkey for the 2 and 1/2 of us to eat! It was the smallest one we could find!
It is not often that we are able to capture a picture of all of us. This one didn't come out well, I had to adjust the lighting... so if we look a little green, it's not because of my cooking.

This wreath is my absolute favorite fall decoration!! I made it the first year Jer and I were married. I've only used it as a wreath once, it can usually be found right where it is in this picture, laying on my table with a candle in the middle.

Kyle enjoying his meal.

Bryce even got in on the action. He ate some potatoes and played with some corn.

I wanted to thank all of you that have been praying for Bryce this week. For those of you that hadn't heard, he has been sick with a high fever (at least 103 or 104 if it goes unchecked) since just after our meal on Sunday. We spent a fair amount of time at the Dr. office the last two days trying to make sure there isn't something serious that is behind it all. Praise the Lord that today he woke up without a fever and seems to be on the mend.
No comments:
Post a Comment