Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

I love the 4th of July. This year was exciting because we were taking Kyle to the fireworks. (We went last year, but there is only so much a 10 month old can appreciate.) The festivities started with a family BBQ; I made a lemon-berry tart. I was very proud of it, especially because its colors were patriotic. We had a great time hanging out and eating homemade ice cream! Jeremy was feeling a little under the weather, but he made the most of the evening. Here he is with the boys, all decked out in their red, white, and blue.

Here are Kyle and Collin playing with some bikes that were randomly piled in the middle of the grass.

Here is our little family passing the time before the fireworks. Bryce was hanging out with Nana and Papa Polson.

The field where we watched the fireworks from. Where I grew up, there was only one place to go and watch fireworks. Here, we have to pick from one of about five local shows. Usually, where ever you go you can see at least one of the other shows as well. This year we went to Broomfield. From there, we were also able to see Westminster's show to the south, and to the east, there were Northglenn's and Thornton's. It's all great fun, until you realize that maybe one of the other city's show is better than the one you are attending!!

Kyle finally wore himself out before the fireworks started. I was starting to worry he would never slow down and want to run all around while the fireworks were going off. Here we are, waiting patiently.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh going to the fireworks at the base! Those were the days huh? We have a few places to choose where to watch fireworks and although some of the shows are way more spectacular those times at the base have way more meaning! :)